Online applications and the $20 entry fee must be submitted by 11:59 pm, Wednesday, September 7, 2016. Applicants will be notified of their application status on September 9, 2016.
Live auditions will be held at 404 Main Street, Azle, TX. Date and time is to be determined. Live audition applicants must fill out a paper application along with the $20 entry fee at that time.
Entry fees are non-refundable and do NOT guarantee you a place in the top 10 contestants in your age group who will perform. Advancement to the contest will be based upon talent.
Contestants must be at least 5 years old as of September 1, 2016 to audition. There is no maximum age.
Any type of entertainment will be considered (examples: singing, dancing, juggling, comedy acts, magicians, etc).
A panel of judges will choose the top 10 applicants in each age group based upon Performance Ability, Stage Presence, Material Selected, Appearance and Overall Talent. The top 10 applicants will be contacted through email or phone.
If you are chosen as one of the top 10 contestants in your age group, you will be expected to:
- (If singing) provide back-up music (no lead vocals allowed). Contestants may have a guitar or other musical instruments as accompaniment. Performers may select two songs to perform.
- Each age group will have a specific start time during Sting Fling on September 10, 2016. We ask that performers check-in at the 404 Main Stage (Azle, TX) at least 30 minutes prior to their age group’s start time regardless of what order you are set to perform. Start times will be emailed to you, if you are selected.
- Performances must be family oriented and equivalent to a PG rating for public performances. Any participant reflecting or exemplifying indecent clothing, vocals or gestures will be asked to leave the stage and disqualified immediately.
- Contestants understand that the time, manner and method of judging shall be solely within the discretion of the competition officials and the decision of the panel of judges will be final in all cases. No appeals accepted.
- First, second, third place and People’s Choice winners in each age category will receive a medal or a trophy. The Overall Winner will receive a cash prize and a medal or trophy.
By submitting the application below, you agree to not hold Azle Chamber of Commerce or Azle High School Drama Boosters, its agents,directors, officers, employees, or competition judges or officials liable for injuries sustained or illnesses contract while in attendance and/or participating in any phase of the competition. You give your permission to the Azle Chamber, Azle High School Drama Boosters and Azle News to use your name, photograph, or appearance in video recording in connection with advertising or new coverage of the “I’ve Got Talent” contest.