Deadline for application is May 15th.
Submission Requirements for student artwork to be considered for the Showcase at Azle Main Street Art Festival and Tour (“AMSAFT”) are as follows:
- To qualify as a student artist, the artist must live within the Azle ISD boundaries, attend Azle Junior High, Forte Junior High, Azle High School, Azle Christian School or be homeschooled, and be in 7th-12th grade
- Student artists do not have to be enrolled in Art Class at their schools to submit work for consideration
- Student artists may submit up to three works for consideration
- Entries must be original and created by the artist
- Accepted 2D entries must be framed unless gallery wrapped and must include a hanging wire
- Accepted 2D entries are limited to a 42” maximum in any dimension
- 3D entries must provide the weight of the piece
- Any special installation of accepted 3D entries will be performed by the artist (or person appointed by the artist) at the time the artwork is delivered to the venue
- Artist of any accepted 3D entries that require special installation will make arrangements with any buyer for transport/installation purposes that may arise
- Accepted work must be available for sale. Suitable substitutions may be made at the sole discretion of AMSAF
Digital Images of entry image should not be more than 2MB
Submitted images of paintings, drawings, photography and other similar types of work should only show the artwork and should not include mats, frames, easels, or backgrounds of any kind if at all possible. Submitted images of sculptures, ceramics or other similar types of artwork may have a white or black background in the image.
Accepted Artwork Categories:
- Ceramics: All original clay/porcelain pieces. Machine-made or mass produced pieces not allowed.
- Digital Art: Any original work created by the artist using a computer, including an original image or the alteration or modification of other source material, not including digital photography or a photograph that has been altered or modified by a computer (these will fall under either the Mixed Media or Photography category)
- Fiber: All pieces made from fibers such as basketry, embroidery, weaving, tapestry and papermaking. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns or other forms of mass production are permitted, as well as no factory produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artist are allowed.
- Glass: No forms of mass production are permitted.
- Metalworks: All pieces (excluding sculptures and jewelry) that are crafted from metal
- Sculptures: Three-dimensional original pieces created using any medium available
- Wood: Original pieces in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category. No forms of mass production are allowed.
- Drawing: Pieces that were created with dry media (chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils, wax crayon, etc)
- Painting: Pieces that were created using oils, acrylics, watercolors, or any other types of paint
- Photography: Photographic prints made or processed (either by the artist or under their direct supervision) from the artist’s original image
- Mixed Media: All 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional pieces that include more than one type of material to produce. If an artist declares a piece as a sculpture rather than mixed media, that piece will fall under the Sculpture category.
You understand that any artwork approved for the Showcase will be available for purchase. You also understand that Azle Main Street Art Festival and Tour organizers reserve the right to refuse work or exhibition of work for any reason, including entries or artists that do not meet stated specifications. 20% of every sale of student artwork goes to support the art program at the student’s school listed on the application. In the event that the artist lists their school as homeschooled, 20% of those sales will go to support the Children’s Program at the Azle Memorial Library.
Entry Fee: Waived for students living within the Azle ISD boundaries, including students from Azle Junior High, Forte Junior High, Azle High School, Azle Christian Church, and homeschooled students. Deadline for all entries is May 15th.
***Submitted applications do not guarantee your work will be selected for the Showcase.***