Deadline for application is May 15th.
Submission Requirements for artwork to be considered for the Showcase at Azle Main Street Art Festival and Tour (“AMSAFT”) are as follows:
- Artist must be 18 years old or older
- Artists may submit up to three works for consideration
- Entries must be original and created by the artist not under instruction
- Accepted 2D entries must be framed unless gallery wrapped and must include a hanging wire
- Accepted 2D entries are limited to a 42” maximum in any dimension
- 3D entries must provide the weight of the piece
- Any special installation of accepted 3D entries will be performed by the artist (or person appointed by the artist)
- at the time the artwork is delivered to the venue
- Artist of any accepted 3D entries that require special installation will make arrangements with any buyer for
- transport/installation purposes that may arise
- Accepted work must be available for sale. Suitable substitutions may be made at the sole discretion of AMSAF
Digital Images of entry image not be more than 2MB.
Submitted images of paintings, drawings, photography and other similar types of work should only show the artwork and should not include mats, frames, easels, or backgrounds of any kind if at all possible. Submitted images of sculptures, ceramics or other similar types of artwork may have a white or black background in the image.
Accepted Artwork Categories:
- Ceramics: All original clay/porcelain pieces. Machine-made or mass produced pieces not allowed.
- Digital Art: Any original work created by the artist using a computer, including an original image or the alteration or modification of other source material, not including digital photography or a photograph that has been altered or modified by a computer (these will fall under either the Mixed Media or Photography category)
- Fiber: All pieces made from fibers such as basketry, embroidery, weaving, tapestry and papermaking. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns or other forms of mass production are permitted, as well as no factory produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artist are allowed.
- Glass: No forms of mass production are permitted.
- Metalworks: All pieces (excluding sculptures and jewelry) that are crafted from metal
- Sculptures: Three-dimensional original pieces created using any medium available
- Wood: Original pieces in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category. No forms of mass production are allowed.
- Drawing: Pieces that were created with dry media (chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils, wax crayon, etc)
- Painting: Pieces that were created using oils, acrylics, watercolors, or any other types of paint
- Photography: Photographic prints made or processed (either by the artist or under their direct supervision) from the artist’s original image
- Mixed Media: All 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional pieces that include more than one type of material to produce. If an artist declares a piece as a sculpture rather than mixed media, that piece will fall under the Sculpture category.
You understand that any artwork approved for the Showcase will be available for purchase and 20% of every sale goes to support the Azle Chamber of Commerce. You also understand that Azle Main Street Art Festival and Tour organizers reserve the right to refuse work or exhibition of work for any reason, including entries or artists that do not meet stated specifications.
Entry Fee: $25 for up to 3 entries. Deadline for all entries is May 15th.
***All entry fees are non-refundable and do not guarantee your work will be selected for the showcase.***
Entry fee must be made before the entry will be fully accepted for consideration.